The Market Assessment Programme - MAP offers companies and startups the opportunity to collaborate directly with a supervised team of student-consultants in order to assess business and market opportunities for new ventures.
A team of International Master in Management - MiM participants undertake this collaboration as part of their final master project where they address a real management challenge to demonstrate their ability to apply concepts, tools, skills and competencies acquired during their program.
Companies and startups that enroll in the program receive a full Business Plan report and a presentation deck containing research, analysis and recommendations from the supervised team.
Who can apply?
Projects can be from a diverse range of organizations and industries and can address the following situations:
- New venture / startup creation
- New business unit creation, spin-out of innovation centre, spin-off of an existing company, new business opportunity assessment, launch of new products, amongst others
- Restructuring/revamping existing business model for growth
- Internationalization of a current business
Requirements to participate:
- Project sponsors are enthusiastic and committed to the process and show a real interest in the outcome. The need of the business plan is key for the sponsor as opposed to just a “nice-to-have” plan.
- Project scope is well defined and should meet a high level of ambition and complexity to be considered as suitable for a supervised team of 4-6 Master in Management candidates to tackle
- Project sponsors (entrepreneurs or employees on behalf of their companies):
- Are available for face-to-face (2-3 hours per month in person or online) as well as willing to invest time to answer questions for the team and discuss progress
- Trust the team and are willing to share sensitive information (under a NDA if required)*
- Entrepreneurs or ventures under 3 years of existence must follow a Customer Development Module training (4 sessions approx and fieldwork). For companies this module is optional but highly recommended
- Are available for the final presentation of results (1 hr presentation)
These are the important dates and periods to consider when applying to the program:
- 30th of November 2019 - deadline to submit project
- Week of 11 of December 2019 - screening of projects and interviews
- 14th of January 2020- selected projects present to participants
- January 2020 - projects are allocated to teams
- 3rd of February 2020 - kickoff and beginning of the training Customer Development Module
- July 2020: Tribunal and final presentations.
Additional important information:
- If required projects are provided with a Non Disclosure Confidentiality Agreement (NDA).
- There is no cost to participate in the MAP program. The company is only responsible for expenses that have been explicitly pre-approved in writing by the company such as industry reports, software tools, subscriptions, trade show assistance and travel or any other expenses.
- Additional training sessions might be offered to entrepreneurs if deemed necessary
About the program
Over the past 10 years the MAP Program has successfully assisted over 80 projects from a variety of industries, technologies in the first stages of their ventures, business units and spin-offs. The program has had the support of the school and local companies and government competitiveness agencies.
Co-founder of Mimetis Biomaterials
"The MAP programme has enabled the founders of Mimetis connect with people, knowledge and in general a highly favorable environment for the development of new ideas and innovations. The knowledge acquired during the programme represents the basis on which Mimetis has grown. Specifically, the programme has helped define / redefine the value proposition, channels, customer segmentation and general market. In addition, the program participants provided knowledge and experience in the finance, investment and optimization of the company for its founders.
Overall, the programme has opened new perspectives to the company, making possible the first investment round completed a few months later. In the medium term, today, Mimetis is still using instruments discovered during the MAP programme, especially financial."