Deadline for Project Submissions extended to December 1st!
The Market Assessment Programme - MAP offers corporates and startups the opportunity to collaborate directly with a supervised team of student-consultants to assess business and market opportunities for new ventures.
A team of EADA participants will undertake this collaboration as part of their final master project, addressing the real management challenge as a real team of consultants to demonstrate their ability to apply concepts, tools and skills acquired during their programme.
Participants can be from our:
- Master in Management
- Master in Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Management
Over the past 14 years, the MAP Program has successfully assisted over 100 projects in different development stages from startups to corporates of a variety of industries.
The program has become landmark among EADA’s projects and company-student collaborations in the School and has had the sponsorship of local companies and government competitiveness agencies.
The selected companies and project sponsors that join our program receive at the end of the process
- a comprehensive and complete Business Plan report
- presentation deck and all supporting documents
- spreadsheets used to develop the plan
Who can apply?
Projects can be from a diverse range of organizations and industries and can address the following situations:
- New venture / startup creation
- New business unit creation, spin-out of innovation centre, spin-off of an existing company, new business opportunity assessment, etc.
- Restructuring/revamping of an existing business model for growth, Internationalization of a current business
Requirements to participate:
Project sponsors are enthusiastic and committed to the process and show a real interest in the outcome. The need of the business plan or marketing plan is key for the sponsor as opposed to just a “nice-to-have” plan.
and meets a high level of ambition and complexity to be considered as suitable for a supervised team of 4-6 EADA participants to tackle. This shall be agreed together with the EADA selection committee.
Entrepreneurs or employees on behalf of their companies
- Appoint at least 1 contact person for the team throughout the process.
- Availability for face-to-face (2-3 hours per month in person or online) as well as willing to invest time to answer questions for the team and discuss progress.
- Trust the team and are willing to share sensitive information needed for the development of the plan (under NDA if required).
- Are available for the final presentation of results (1 hr presentation) and if required, an interim presentation to check on progress and agree on key decisions.
- Will asses the team’s performance and deliverables from a client perspective and complete the required evaluation form.
Companies representative in the project or entrepreneurs
The module consists of 5 two-hour trainings and requires an additional 3 to 6 hours of field work between each session in the dates below.
The work is practical and 100% focused on progressing your venture.
This field work consists of carrying out a series of interviews together with your assigned team of students, and is essential to a successful venture. Without attendance of the 5 training sessions, you may be dropped from the MAP program.
This training module will be carried out from 17:00h to 19:00h between late January and early March 2024.
Timeline and key dates for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
Applying to the program
|Deadline to submit project
|November 27th, 2023 at 23:59 (Extended to December 1st)
|Selection interviews (individual slot)
|Time slots will be offered to accepted projects for the week of November 27th and December 4th
We want to participate!
For selected projects
|Selected project sponsors present their challenges to the MAP project teams
|Teams are assigned
|Teams and project sponsors are connected and project work begins
|Tribunal of final presentations and submission of final deliverables to project sponsors
Additional important information
- If required, projects are provided with a Non Disclosure Confidentiality Agreement (NDA).
- There is no cost to participate in the MAP program. The company is only responsible for expenses that have been explicitly pre-approved in writing by the company such as industry. reports, software tools, subscriptions, trade show assistance and travel or any other expenses.
- Project sponsors can be based anywhere in the world as long as they guarantee the dedication required.
- Once projects start, the calendar of meetings is agreed between the company or project sponsor and the assigned team and their tutor.
Co-founder of Mimetis Biomaterials
"The MAP programme has enabled the founders of Mimetis to connect with people, knowledge and in general a highly favorable environment for the development of new ideas and innovations. The knowledge acquired during the program represents the basis on which Mimetis has grown. Specifically, the programme has helped define / redefine the value proposition, channels, customer segmentation and general market. In addition, the program participants provided knowledge and experience in the finance, investment and optimization of the company for its founders.
Overall, the program opened new perspectives to the company and made the first investment round possible, completed a few months later. In the medium term, today, Mimetis is still using instruments discovered during the MAP program, especially the financial ones."