This programme emphasises the responsibility of each manager or team leader when identifying and promoting in-house talent within an organisation.
This approach involves acting and proceeding differently to lead and influence in a different way.
This coaching tool is essential for different reasons:
- Encourages internal changes in the behaviour of employees, work teams and the organisation.
- Develops in-house leaders as agents that act as catalysts for change.
- Learn to develop effective communication through different conversations and adopt a closer focus with an employee.
- Run simulations in line with the participants’ own reality.
CEOs and managers who want to learn how to develop talent in their organisations. HR managers to improve their professional daily lives. Heads of department or business units seeking to enhance their skills and manage high performance teams.
Internal coach’s role
- Change of management role: Internal coach.
- The power of conversation.
- Structure of conversation: context and trust.
- Feedback as a tool for empowering.
- The art of asking questions.
- Listening and its different levels.
- Managing silence in a conversation.
- Rapport and empathy.
- Concept of beliefs and their impact.
- Belief systems in conversations.
- Patterns in our conversations: Opening or rejection.
- Detecting consistencies and inconsistencies via non-verbal language.
- Awareness of using our language with employees.
Carme is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and Team Coach, certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF). She has the International Coaching Methodology Certification for Values recognised by the ICF. Certified in LIFO and Belbin Team Roles. She has co-authored several books and obtained the inaugural “Coaching Psychology Award” (2014) organised by the Official College of Psychologists of Catalonia for research on the effectiveness of coaching processes.