The MAP - MARKET ASSESMENT PROGRAM - provides advice and support to innovation free of charge. Its mission is to bring to market those research projects that intend to become a technology-based company (TBC), those that use technology as an entry barrier that preserves their competitiveness and sets the difference with the rest of their competitors.
The program focuses in:
- Identifying a market opportunity for the project and the commercial potential of the developed technology
- Design a roadmap for the development of the upcoming phases of the launching of project and define a go-to-market strategy
- Develop a first Business Plan of the project
Throughout the process, the participants of the selected projects will receive specific training to provide them with the skills and knowledge to face with greater guarantees of success the first phases of their business project.
Development of strategic alliances
Additionally, and as a novelty of this edition, participants will work on the identification and construction of key strategic alliances with other stakeholders. The objective is to provide the entrepreneurial team with a methodology to analyze, negotiate and establish value partnerships.
Then they will have the opportunity to get in touch with established companies with the potential to become future allies. This first contact could allow the future project, for example:
- Start a mentoring/advising process throughout the development of the project or one of its phases
- Obtain a first validation of the potential demand of the project’s technology
- Leverage on the capabilities of a potential ally to accelerate the development of some phase (s) of the project
- Start a new joint project or participate in a co-development
- Obtain investment or support towards the investment community
Researchers and professionals of public or private research centers and hospitals, sci-tech entrepreneurs with a functional prototype with the intention of creating a new technology-based company or that have created one (maximun 3 years since incorporation), which are in the early stages of development and whose business models are yet to be validated or needing a new market frame to then evolve through the market test.
Companies already established and interested in creating innovative business divisions as technology-based spin-outs
How does it work
A team of EADA is assigned to each project. This team is made of EADA international master participants and representatives of the research or entrepreneurial team. Each team is lead by a professor who acts as senior consultant and academic tutor/advisor. Throughout the process, all team members receive training to work on each project phase and when they finalize the process they are evaluated by a panel of experts on a formal presentation session.
- Team meetings: at least one face-to-face meeting of 2 hours per month. Continuous contact by electronic means.
- Training: +30 hours distributed between the months of February and July
- Presentations, court and closing ceremony: 4 hours in total in November-December and July
* subject changes and the complexity and demand of each project
Deadlines and important dates
Call for projects: October 15 to December 4, 2018 at 23:59. *Extended*
Week 10th of December - Tribunal admission of pre-selected projects (at agreed time).
10th of January in the afternoon: presentation session of selected projects to work teams
January 2019: Assignment of the complete team to the selected project and its promoters (junior consultants, senior consultant)
11th of February: kick off of team works and beginning of the training sessions
July 2019: Tribunal and final presentations. Closure of the program.
Additional Program Benefits
- To work assisted by a dedicated multicultural team, which brings 1500h to the project
- More than 20 hours of specific practical training for entrepreneurs, with specific modules on Customer Development, Sales and Negotiation techniques for technical profiles , effective project presentation, Strategy and Financing
- Presentation Session to investors and companies potentially interested
Co-founder of Mimetis Biomaterials
"The MAP program has enabled the founders of Mimetis connect with people, knowledge and in general a highly favorable environment for the development of new ideas and innovations. The knowledge acquired during the program represents the basis on which Mimetis has grown. Specifically, program has helped define / redefine the value proposition, channels, customer segmentation and general market. In addition, the program participants provided knowledge and experience in the finance, investment and optimization of the company for its founders.
Overall, the program has opened new perspectives to the company, making possible the first investment round completed a few months later. In the medium term, today, Mimetis is still using instruments discovered during the MAP program, especially financial. "